Monday, February 7, 2011

Quitting vs. Being Smart


Happy Monday everyone! This morning I type to you after a good workout although not the one I had planned! I was going to do 2.5 miles of speed work and full body heavy weights. What happened was 1.85 miles of speed work on the treadmill, 1.5 on the elliptical and moderate weight higher rep strength. 

During my speed work my legs were not feeling good but I knew that if I stopped I would just be quitting too easily, then my knee started to hurt. I wanted to quit but I pushed a little further and the pain stopped, whew! Then it came back and I knew it was time to go to the ET. I'm sure the it's tight IT bands and quads causing my pain because I can feel it. I MUST start to make stretching more of a priority. I changed my weights just to give my body something different because that's what it was clearly asking for this morning. I don't like to not finish my runs since I signed up for the marathon but I have to tell myself that almost two miles is still a run and it's better to cut it short and not get hurt than to not be able to run at all!

Before I left I had

1/2 and english muffin with cheese and a little fruit spread

And when I returned I went for some amazing muscles repairage in the form of a 


Ah... we meet again my love =)

Chocolate this time with microwaved frozen mixed berries, about 1 T chopped walnut and a drizzle of sunflower butter 

With orange spice green tea... perfection

But Caitlin, how can you have breakfast without....


AH there it is! Craisins hiding mixed in with the batter 

Hope everyone is ready for this week! Countdown till spring break 26 days!

Peace!
Caitlin 

How far do you push yourself while working out?
Does your decision to call it a day depend on if your in training or not? 

No comments:

Post a Comment