Friday, February 25, 2011

Power Food

Last night for snacking I had honey wheats and cinnamon raisins swirl PB.... why is this the most additive snack ever? Snack redundancy aside (well kind of) I wanted to hit on my new favorite pre-workout snack which is pita with PB2. I have two kinds of pita on hand now and the one that I've been having pre-workout is this one DSCI0001.JPG


Joseph's high protein, whole wheat pita with flax and oat bran. It has a great texture and is a good size! And for whatever reason is completely delicious with PB2 so much that I wake up craving this as a snack! I usually just sleepily wolf down my pre-workout snack and savor my breakfast but this snack rocks!


It also has been working amazingly well for my workouts. I have more energy and feel fuller than with others I've tried. I like using the PB2 because while I have no opposition to real PB (obviously) I like that it's lighter for right before a workout. I also am coming to believe that it's the ingredients in this pita that make me feel so great! Oat bran and flax do have great nutritional benefits in health fats and whole grains for a mix that gives you great sustained energy.


Basically I had a power of foods realization last night and proceeded to order a case of these pitas online because they were a "special purchase" and Wal-Mart and I don't know where else I would find them =P.


For my workout this morning I did my cardio/strength circuit with some different moves here and there. I then wanted overnight oats for breakfast but didn't make them last night... that will not stop me!




DSCI0008.JPG


In this mix


Almost empty yogurt container (maybe 1/3 cup?)


1/3 cup oats


1/2 cup skim milk


Mixed before I hopped in the shower! 30 minute overnight oats? Yes indeed!


Topped with a handful of oat squares, banana, flax, cinnamon and a little drizzle of honey




DSCI0016.JPG


A little bit soupier than regular overnight oats but just as delicious!




DSCI0031.JPG


Sugar cookie sleigh ride and green


It's also Friday which mean Fearless Fridays!


This week I was afraid that I would not be able to prepare in time for my bio exam but I actually feel really good going into it! I took my studying slowly but surely and that worked out great! I am also afraid that I will not be able to run tomorrow but we'll see how that goes in the morning...


Standing between me and the weekend...


Class, work, bio exam


let's get it done!


Peace!


Caitlin


How have you experienced the power of food?


What's you fearless Friday for the week?



1 comment:

  1. Those pitas sound awesome. I love bread products that have tons of whole grains and seeds in them! I always feel the power of food after I have oatmeal with tons of fruit, nut butter, and flax/chia seeds. So many awesome nutrients in one bowl.

    Good luck on your bio exam. :)

    ReplyDelete