Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Breakfast Heaven

Oh My Yum.
DSCI0072.JPG


This was really good. Really Good.




DSCI0076.JPG


Cinnamon Stuffed Chocolate- Banana Bake with Blueberry "Sauce"


Ingredients


2 tbsp Pancake mix ( I used Bob's Red Mill Buckwheat)


1/2 large banana


a ton of cinnamon


3 tbsp egg whites


2 tbsp milk of choice


1 scoop chocolate protein powder


1/2 tsp baking soda


a pinch of salt


1 Stevia packets


About 2/3 cup frozen blueberries


How To


Pre-heat oven to 320. Mix all ingredients except the blueberries together. Honestly, I just mix them directly in the ramekin. But if you mix them in a bowl, transfer the mixture to a ramekin. Bake for 15 minutes.


While baking put the frozen blueberries in a microwave safe bowl. You want to se frozen so the ice can make the "sauce" MIcrowave on high for about 30 seconds or until they are fairly mushy. *Optional, stir in another stevia packet to the blueberries*.


Poor blueberries over the bake and mmmmm your way through breakfast.




DSCI0075.JPG


I also topped mine with coconut butter... highly recommended.


Note- If you have crazy busy mornings like myself, this can be mixed in advance and put in the fridge. I mix it right before I go to the gym and pop it in the oven when for when I'm in the shower.


Besides delicious breakfast bakes my morning also had a great interval bike workout. I've been doing two interval bikes a week instead of one because I haven't been doing running intervals on Monday like I used to, I'm worried about my IT band and though I would like to get faster, it's more important to not get hurt.


Plus *BRAG ALERT* my plank time!




DSCI0078.JPG


=D


Peace!


Caitlin


What did you have for breakfast this morning?



4 comments:

  1. OMG how can you do a plank for so long!!!! that breakki looks GREAT!!! i had oats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a plank for 4 minutes and 30 seconds?! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap. Caitlin! This is insane. I die when I hold it for 60 seconds. WAY. TO. GO!!!!

    ReplyDelete