Thursday, February 17, 2011

Rolling and Recipes

Guess I like alliterative titles today? Have you seen this mornings post? If not go check it out, I'd love some feedback!


Two exciting things today. First, I got my foam roller in the mail! I've already rolled out my IT band for about 15 minutes after class today and hope to get in a little more tonight (I can only take it for so long) but it feels so amazing afterwards!


For lunch during class I did another partial pack, partial school




DSCI0004.JPG


I packed a small salad with a homemade honey-dijon dressing (mix of dijon, honey, garlic, white wine vinegar and water) I later added two hard-boiled egg whites to the mix. DSCI0008.JPG


I got from school a simple sandwich with pepper jack cheese and cucumbers on honey wheat and I added some fruit spread of my own, try this combo!


And snackage for the afternoon while looking for a summer job was a banana with cottage cheese, wheat germ, cinnamon and a drizzle of agave nectar




DSCI0017.JPG


Second exciting thing, I have another recipe for you! I was originally going to make this dish from Angela with butter beans but then I got creative (though still VERY Angela inspired!) Seriously though, who isn't ALWAYS inspired by Angela?!




DSCI0034.JPG


Simple Sweet Potato and Bean Curry (Inspired by Angela )


Servings for one hungry college girl


Ingredients


1.25 cups butter beans


1/4 cup chopped onion


1/4 cup green beans


1 small sweet potato diced


A big handful of spinach


3 small/medium mushrooms chopped


2 tbsp curry sauce


1 tsp garlic


1 tsp lemon juice


cinnamon


red pepper flakes


~7 chopped cashews for garnish


How To


In a pan heat the curry sauce, garlic, lemon juice and onions. Once simmering add mushrooms and both beans. Allow to simmer for several minutes.


In the meantime put sweet potato cubes in a small bowl with some water and microwave for about 3 minutes


Add spinach to pan mixture and simmer until wilted. Sprinkle everything with red pepper flakes and cinnamon to taste.


Plate the pan mixture, add the sweet potatoes on top and garnish with chopped cashews


Sprinkle with a little more cinnamon if desired.


Enjoy!


You have my word this is easy because anything you can make in a dorm kitchen is easy =).




DSCI0040.JPG


Almost the weekend and Saturday marks my two week countdown to spring break in FLA!!


Peace!


Caitlin


Are you going on any trips this spring?





2 comments:

  1. Ooh I love my foam roller..hope you get lots of use out of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh yay for your foam roller! this curry dish sounds DELICIOUS! and i love how easy it is!

    ReplyDelete