Friday, March 25, 2011

Amber Waves of Grain

I another package today...


DSCI0170.JPG


12 bags of organic spelt sourdough pretzels... and I only have 6 weeks left of the semester... oops.


The big question, why did I order them? Well if you are a reader of the blog you know that I absolutely love pretzels. And if you are not a regular reader I will tell you know that I love love love pretzels. However what I don't love are empty calories which don't fill me up, such as refined carbs, such as pretzels.




DSCI0172.JPG


Well these babies are whole grain




DSCI0175.JPG


And have 4 grams of protein! not bad at all for a crunchy snack food!




DSCI0179.JPG


I tried a few ( love how big they are) with some apple slices and salted cashews. It was a legit filling snack. The pretzels are really good! They are crispier than other pretzels which I think is a good thing and other than that the taste is like delicious sourdough pretzels!


DSCI0159.JPG


For lunch I had a random snacky plate of veggie chik'n nuggets, triscuts with cream cheese and fruit spread and veggies with chili-lime white bean dip


DSCI0183.JPG  


For dinner I cooked up quinoa and baked some tofu. Then stir fried the quinoa with veggies in braggs and red pepper flakes and topped it all with sunflower butter. Delicious and easy, everyones favorite!


Peace!


Caitlin


What are you favorite whole grains?


What are your plans for Friday? I'm hoping to see the Vagina Monologues and maybe check out a campus party... though I have to run 10 miles in the morning =P.



No comments:

Post a Comment