Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I don't care what anyone says, I like Valentine's Day! I really am a holiday person, I like to get dressed up and have a reason to celebrate something and even though I am single who can be opposed to a day dedicated to celebrating love which is ALWAYS needed in the world? I encourage you to celebrate ALL kinds of love on Valentine's Day, not just romantic!


Last night I actually found a wonderful "V-Day present" in the give-take box on my floor!
Score! The only flavor left in the box was lemon zest which just happens to be my favorite! 

This morning I didn't even consider doing speed work for running, I may try on Wednesday for a moderate run or just wait until Saturday, I am currently pain free but sprints is not a good test. In place I warmed up on the bike for 15 minutes, did weights and mixed in plyometric drills. They are a great replacement for speed work because they jack up your heart rate and actually increase power and agility in general, it was an insanely good workout! Before I left had the standard 1/2 english muffin with cheese and fruit spread! 

So who else is enjoying a marvelous love breakfast for one?

  


Berry-Cherry MPPIAB
3 tbsp pancake mix (I use Bob's Red Mil Buckwheat)
1.5 scoops vanilla protein powder
1/4 cup egg whites (or 1 egg)
1 stevia packet
3 tbsp skim milk (or milk of choice) 
1/2 tsp imitation cherry extract 


~2/3 cup mixed berries
~1 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut


Mix everything in a microwave bowl, add water if it you want it moister which I do! Microwave for 2-3 minutes and top with berries and coconut!


Add fake marshmallow fluff if desired =)

With a sugar cookie candle and some strawberry-vanilla black tea... I can feel the self love! 

Have a great day! Please if you are "alone" don't spend this day down and out, use it to focus on the loving relationships that you DO have in your life! 

Peace and Love!
Caitlin






1 comment:

  1. I love your positivity!! And I could go for a Luna right now!! It's been ages since I've had one!

    ReplyDelete