Thursday, February 3, 2011

Craving Satisfied

I'm going to have to force myself to have different breakfasts as to not bore people but I am saying PANCAKES RULE! I wish I could have have one for all my meals today (and everyday, for the rest of my life). I also wish that this was NOT the current weather


Right NowNext 36 Hours
ClearTonightTomorrowTomorrow Night
ClearSunnyPartly Cloudy
ClearClearSunnyPartly Cloudy
10°F22°11°
Feels Like: -6°LowHighLow
Past 24-hr:
Precip: 0 in
Snow: 0 in
Chance of Precip:
0%



That my friends is what we call TOO cold!

Apart from attempting to keep warm I had a good, quick, fairly uneventful Thursday which I'm totally cool with as the week winds down. I packed a big 'ole salad for my lunch last night and when I got it out of mini fridge this morning I discovered...




Guess that's what happens when you put it right under mini freezer?

Salad of spinach, yellow pepper, carrots, black eyed peas, kidney beans, and corn

Topped with salsa, wheat germ and sun-dried tomato vinaigrette 

Delicious and filling! I also had some skim milk with it.

Bike intervals always make me so hungry! Getting your heart rate up so high revs your metabolism, I was starving when I finally got back from class.
Hard boiled eggs with salsa and granny smith apple

I eat the WHOLE apple, including the core... no waste here =)

Dinner was of course fast and simple (theme of the week) and also fulfilled a craving sparked by my pre-workout snack this morning

Peanut butter and cottage cheese open face sandwich on whole wheat with cinnamon 

Broccoli with nutritional yeast and pumpkin with truvia and cinnamon

I dip the sandwich in the pumpkin as I go =). I would normally put it on if I toasted the bread but I don't have a toaster and it makes cold bread too soggy. 

This may seem odd but I LOVE  cottage cheese/ PB sandwiches! I often add honey too but just wasn't feelin it tonight. 

I had to eat earlier than normal as I am currently at work so I brought some bars and a string cheese with me because I will probably need a snack and I like options =). 

With that, I am off to try and entertain myself at work by picturing being back in my warm room...

Peace!
Caitlin 

What's your favorite odd sandwich combo? I love this one! I also love faux turkey and jam and of course most of your standards 


What food do you love because it's healthy but tastes decadent? Peanut Butter! I also love sweet milk (skim with truvia)

No comments:

Post a Comment