Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Florida History

Hi all! So I thought I may be getting a little redundant with my posts.. vacations are amazing but not that dynamic =P. So I thought I'd share with you a little about my ties with good old FLA.


I actually spent a good chunk of my childhood hereDSCI0253.JPG


This is the building of the condo we stay in. The condo actually belongs to PapaPerm, but he lets PerMa and I use it... so very nice, Thanks PapaPerm! ! =D


Starting from when I was about 5 we used to come here about 5-6 times a year. You see PapaPerm grew up in Tampa and most of his side of my fam is still there. He wanted a place to stay to visit on the regs and we wanted a beach so we're on the Gulf coast about 40 minutes away.




DSCI0295.JPG


My room that PermAl (my sister) and I used to share, she always got the big bed =P




DSCI0297.JPG


Kitchen




DSCI0303.JPG


Dining


DSCI0304.JPG


Living




DSCI0305.JPG


Balcony that looks over the Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary (love!)


I have almost as many memories from here as my actual home. Cousins visiting, learning to swim, seeing dolphins and sting rays, kite flying, parasailing, water skiing, we even spent a few Thanksgivings down here. I've gotten to bring friends and really do attribute this place to about 1/3 of my growing up. I love it and I can't wait to share it with my own family (when I am old enough!) And on that nostalgic note I'll leave you with some old pictures. They're kind of random because I couldn't find that many but still very fun!


alison and I fishing boat.jpeg


Charter fishing trip (pre-veg!)

dad and i fishing boat.jpeg




PerMa with fish.jpeg


PerMa with all of the fish we caught

poker in condo.jpeg


PapaPerm taught us to play poker =)

random friends in FLA.jpeg


Random friends made by the pool on trip

spring break with friends.jpeg


Friends who came to Spring break one year

modeling convertable.jpeg




with porter.jpeg


My aunt and uncles late pot-belly pig Porter... no I'm not kiddingDSCI0131.JPG  


Post-run just the other day =)


So now you know a little more about the girl living the permanent life! Hope your Wednesday has been great!


Peace!


Caitlin


Tell me about a place that has meant a lot to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment