Thursday, March 24, 2011

Full Day

Did you see my post this morning? I hope it provided some kind of insight for some of you out there! I didn't post breakfast this morning because I normally eat while I post but today I had a breakfast "date"! That's in quotes because really I was meeting with my bio group to finish a paper we have due tomorrow.


I did have a pita with PB2 and fruit spread before hitting an interval bike workout. 10 min. warmup, 50 min. intervals, 10 min cool down.


I thought about packing some yogurt and cereal in an almost empty PB jar but instead I challenged myself with something I really wanted! We met at my schools coffee shop so I got




DSCI0128.JPG


Whole wheat bagel topped with butter and cinnamon and a small iced skim latte for protein


Yes that is a checker board on the table




DSCI0131.JPG Yes I go to a tiny liberal arts hippie school... I love it =)


Surprisingly the bagel kept me way fuller than even nut butter does! Maybe it has something to do with all of the crack butter toffee almonds that made there way into my mouth last night.


For lunch I packed a small spinach salad with strawberries, cucumbers, a big scoop of cottage cheese and wheat germ.




DSCI0125.JPG


The star of the show though was these cinnamon roasted chickpeas with almond butter! Last night I roasted 1/2 a can of chickpeas in cinnamon and topped them with about a tablespoon of almond butter when they were still hot. I put them in the fridge overnight and had an amazing lunch treat!




DSCI0127.JPG


Snack was the rest of my hummus =( mixed with a little nooch and baby carrots.




DSCI0134.JPG


Dinner was an omelette. I can't believe I made it until Thursday without an omelette! It was actually just two eggs and some garlic, for whatever reason i haven't been feeling cheese lately.




DSCI0141.JPG


With roasted broccoli and sesame toast with almond and peanut butter (you know I can't choose) and honey.




DSCI0143.JPG


For dessert I had a fun bowl of PB2, quaker squares some banana and dark chocolate.


I also had two more spoons of nut butter and a little more cereal.


Quote of the day taken from a facebook status of one of PerMa's friends:


"Keep walking towards it"


Peace!


Caitlin


What are you currently walk towards? The status of recovered =)


What's your favorite non-dessert dessert food? Cereal or nut butter! Or both!



No comments:

Post a Comment