Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Listen and Love

As planned I was productive last night and it felt good! I even turned off my computer for 20 minutes before bed to read some Operation Beautiful (the book) and slept great. Whilst homeworking I snacked on 

Wasa light n' crisp crackers with banana and cinnamon drizzled in honey and a glass of skim milk with truvia mixed in.

I also went back for a third cracker with a little more honey. 

My workout this morning was planned to be a 5.5 mile tempo run followed by some quick and good full body weights. I did 4.15 mile temp run, good full body weights and some serious stretching. I pushed myself during my run until my knee said "absolutely not" and I felt mentally good through the whole thing so with the combo of not quitting too early and happiness it was a great workout!


I tried a new snack before I left in the form of "banana protein pudding"
1/2 a banana, 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein and about 1/4 cup milk 

I mixed it up yesterday and put it in the fridge for this morning and I swear it tasted like vanilla pudding and got me through my workout, this will be happening again!

For breakfast even though we have ANOTHER wind cill advisory (feels like -27...oh joy) I had overnight oats! Made in the yogurt tub because there was just enough left, easiest clean up ever =). 



Oats, vanilla protein powder, ginger, skim milk, yogurt and truvia

Topped with pear slices and trail mix

Hiding oats =)




With a mix of green and sugar cookie sleight ride tea... good combo! 

I love the sweet and salty combo that the trail mix adds to the mix!

I have a class on the Civil Rights Movement this semester and we are currently starting on the freedom rides and the march from Selma to Montgomery. The literature has been really moving so I wanted to leave you with this quote to ponder throughout the day.





"Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Peace!
Caitlin

What's your favorite quote? Mine actually changes depending on what I need that day




No comments:

Post a Comment